Some Other BD 5's in New Zealand

After a bit of sloppy research in my last post, I now post a correction that the BD5 was introduced in the early 1970's and Bede Aircraft Ltd was bankrupt by 1979. However during the remarkable sales frenzy around 5,100 kits were shipped to customers worldwide. Also the BD 5B featured a longer wing than the original BD 5. Thanks to those who have posted comments, which have shed some light on a couple of other BD 5 photos that I have.

The photo above was taken at the 1998 SAANZ flyin at Matamata and I guess it was ZK-DVE


I am not sure who took the other photo above, but I think it might have been at Ardmore in the early 1980's. Maybe this was ZK-DYM which later became ZK-ZIP. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Wikipedia reports that in 2009 there were 150 airworthy BD 5's worldwide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive