Airport Safety & Cross Training, A Nice Mix!


I work in a unique situation. I am a Operations Supervisor, Aircraft Rescue Firefighter, and a Ramp Agent. What a combination. Line service has so much to offer a firefighter.Fueling aircraft, I am near the airplanes every day. Understanding the types of fuels that are being used and there properties. Using ground service equipment, all help when it comes to aircraft emergencies. As for the Operations duties, conducting airfield inspections is best method for Airfield Familiarization. Emergency procedures and operation of the fuel farm are essential duties for the safety of the airport and everyone in and around it. In an emergency situation you need to know the airfield you are working on. When I first started my job I didn't have a good understanding of "Cross Training". Seven years later I have a full understanding and appreciation for how all the duties relate to each other. As you are performing one duty, you are being trained for another. Unique Situation!

There are many topics to discuss here at "Airport Operations Safety". Bookmark our site,check back for new post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive