Interesting Runway Hold Position Sign

Every time I see this sign I wonder many things.
Who made the sign? Last I looked a compass went up to 360! Who installed the sign, I hope it was for training purposes? Is it included in your sign plan? How confusing could this really be. ATC tells you to Hold Short of 33-15, might you enter into an active runway?

I'm sure this situation was corrected right after the picture was taken. We need to pay close attention during our inspections. As we get accustomed to our airfield, seeing a Hold Position Sign at this location would be normal. If you don't look closely, or driving 75mph you may not pick-up on this discrepancy.

Please take you time doing the Field Inspection, you never know what you'll find!

Don't Just Go Through The Motions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive