Some pics from Gisborne #1

Viewer ZK-DDG has kindly sent some photographs taken recently at Gisborne.
The Gisborne Aviation Preservation Society (Inc)[GAPS] have several aircraft in their hangar at Gisborne airport.
Check out their website at
Above is the Lockheed 18-56 Lodestar ZK-BUV , c/n 2152. This Lodestar served with the RAF and BOAC during World War 11 followed by a period with the Spanish Air Force. It went to the States  in 1955 as N9930F until being purchased by Fieldair in late December of 1957. It was converted to a top dresser in Sydney. It was withdrawn from use at Palmerston North on 28-11-1972 and ferried into Gisborne on 08-01-1973. It was for some time mounted on a plinth at Gisborne. In May 1998 it was removed and placed in the GAPS hangar.
The top pic was taken at Gisborne on 21-05-2011 by ZK-DDG.
The photo below was at Palmerston North on 08-12-1972 - shortly after being WFU.
Below is the Reims/Cessna F406 Caravan 11 ZK-CEC, c/n F406-0012. This is on line for all weather charter with Air Charter East Coast Ltd. Built in 1987 as F-WZDU, it went to Belgium as OO-TIZ, then to the Netherlands as PH-ALE followed by a time in Nigeria as 5Y-WAW. On arrival in NZ it received major attention from Aeromotive and became ZK-CII2 on 10-08-1998. It joined the Vincent Aviation fleet in 1999 and was re-registered as ZK-VAA2 on 08-05-2003. Kiwi Air listed it from 06-12-2007 and then re-registered it again. This time as ZK-XLC on 15-01-2008. It was transferred to Air Charter East Coast Ltd on 01-06-2010 and on the 9th it became ZK-CEC2.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive