No deal for new national airline

The Serbian Ministry for Infrastructure says it will now revise its plans for Jat. In a press release last Friday it said that Jat’s privatisation advisor will now decide whether a new Jat should be created or whether the Serbian carrier should be kept in its current form, although a large scale restructuring process within the company should take place. At this point the latter seems more likely. The government says a decision will be made very soon, before the end of the year.
Jat, which has recorded a 20% passenger increase this year, has already released part of its 2012 summer season timetable which will see the introduction of many new routes and big frequency increases across its network. It raises the question as to how Jat can operate all of these flights with its current fleet. Earlier in the year, the airline’s management stated that Jat will need new aircraft at the start of 2012 in order to operate normally.
0 comments:
Post a Comment