|Landing at Ardmore 05 Nov, Phillip C photo|
The first ZK-AAC was an Avro 594 Avian IIIA registered in January 1929 ex G-NZAV. It was badly damaged by a hangar collapse (caused by strong winds) at Parorangi, Fielding in January 1936 and struck off the register in 1939.
Avro 594 Avian IIIA No UK CofA issued [build date 23.7.28]. Sold to NZ agents, The Goodwin-Chichester Aviation Co Ltd. Regd G-NZAV 17.12.28 to Goodwin-Chichester Aviation Co Ltd, Wellington. Regd to Capt Ken WJ Hall, Hororata [replacement for DH.60 G-NZAU]. Regd ZK-AAC 4.1.29 to same owner. Regd 12.3.30 to Miss Aroha Clifford. Dd 14.7.30 & regd 31.7.30 to R Berryman, Wellington [still painted as G-NZAV]. Regd to Wellington Aero Club. Regd 1.32 to C Bowden. Regd 21.3.32 to Manawatu Aero Club, Palmerston North. Regd to MH Oram, Parorangi. Destroyed when gales wrecked hangar Fielding Aerodrome, Parorangi 2.2.36. Remains stored but burnt Auckland 18.2.39. Regn cld 19.4.39.